With the Lent season upon us and Easter coming up soon, we can quickly go through the season and be done with it; but can we celebrate Easter every day?
I believe that we can.
Here are 8 ways we can rejoice Easter all year long:
1. Serve Jesus with everything you have. We remember this season that Christ died for our sins. He gave His all for us and he asks us for our all. (John 3:16)
2. Remember that whatever we are going though in this world is temporary. (John 12:23-26)
3. Serve those around you. Instead of competing with people around you, serve as Jesus did in love. (Ephesians 5:1-2)
4. Forgive those in your life. Even when it seems too painful and too much to forgive, remember Jesus forgave you even when you were in your sin. Jesus came and offered forgiveness on the cross to you and requires it of all believers. (Matthew 18:23-27)
5. Put others needs ahead of your own. Jesus left Heaven and came to be among those that the world would have considered not valuable. He spent time with the sick, weak, needy, vulnerable, and outcast. (Luke 4:18-19)
6. Remember when the world gets you down, when life’s responsibilities seem to be more than you can bear, that Christ has overcome the world and not even death could keep Him down. (John 16:33)
7. Sacrifice for those closest to you. Our family is our closest ministry opportunity. Christ came down and sacrificed and nurtured His bride, the church. (Ephesians 5:25-27)
8. Remember that when people fail you, Christ didn’t. Christ was betrayed and distrusted by those closest to him. (Judas and Peter) He rose from the dead and restored the broken relationships so we could offer resolution to all. (2 Corinthians 5:20)
So let us celebrate Easter this season, as well as all year long!